Sunday, February 8, 2009

Am I Sad or Happy?

I am sad ----Carl left this morning for St. Louis. He will be gone for 2 weeks. Training for work.

I am happy ----In 6 days I leave to go to Arizona to see my Mom and sister. I am so excited, if I was a bad mom I would leave now to go to Arizona. But the kids need to be in school. Carl and I have been apart this long only one other time, that is when I went to Arizona to take care of Hillary when Jackson was born. I am going to try to stay busy this week so I don't miss Carl as much. And try to think of this time as a great relationship builder.

I am thankful ----That his training and my vacation are at the same time. A lot less stress on everybody this way.

I am even more thankful ----Carl got the final word of job promotion. He is the new Center Manager in Grand Junction. More money, more responsibility, but less freedoms, he actually needs to be at work from 8-5. He will continue to be the manager in Delta, but has hired a wonderful and very smart assistant to run the day to day operations. This promotion also means we move back to Grand Junction. Yeah?!!!?

1 comment:

hillary said...

I'm happy... Happy that you'll be here in just a few days!! I'm so excited to see you, and we have a busy week mapped out for you! Woo Hoo!! It will, of course, include a "Bachelor" party next Monday Night!!! Can't wait!