Saturday, August 23, 2008

Lunch

I had a great lunch out yesterday. I was in Grand Junction cleaning a house, and with my mom being out of town and all my friends working or at school I did not have anybody to lunch with. So I went to Burger King drive thru and ordered a whopper minus onion and onion rings and a diet coke. Just the way dad would have ordered. I went to the cemetary and sat down with dad and ate my lunch. I sat on him (there really is no other place) and ate my lunch. We talked and I had a great lunch. At a quiet point I realized it was the 22nd of the month and then I started to cry. 3 months already, sometimes it seems like yesterday. I definetly am going to make this a more often event, as long as the weather will let me. Over the last year of my dads life I had lunch with him almost every week and I figure there is no reason I should stop. If anyone wants to join me sometime let me know, and I encourage everyone that liked to lunch with dad to do so, it is quite peaceful.

1 comment:

hillary said...

I want to join you!!! I wish I could come right now! I do miss lunchin' with dad, and I think it'll be wierd for mom to come down here without him.